When Car Accident Injuries In Bradenton Are Catastrophic
Car accidents in Bradenton are one of the leading causes of personal injuries. Even a relatively minor crash can have major impacts on your health. Unfortunately, in some cases, injuries suffered may be catastrophic. Our Bradenton car accident lawyer explains more about these types of injuries and how to get the total amount you need to recover in a claim.
Catastrophic Personal Injuries Caused By Car Accidents In Bradenton
Car accidents in Bradenton are jarring and violent events. Depending on the circumstances surrounding a crash, victims can suffer a variety of different types of potentially serious personal injuries. In the worst-case scenario, these can be catastrophic and may impact them and their family for years to come.
The Florida Statutes define catastrophic injuries as those that cause permanent impairments, impacting your health and ability to work or engage in other activities for decades to come. Among the most common types of catastrophic injuries suffered in car accidents in Bradenton include:
- Traumatic brain injuries, impacting physical, emotional, and cognitive processes;
- Spinal cord injuries, causing partial or complete paralysis;
- Deep lacerations, resulting in the amputation of body parts;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body organs and limbs;
- Burn injuries, impacting the respiratory system and other body functions while resulting in permanent disfigurement.
Your Rights In Filing A Car Accident Lawsuit Due To Catastrophic Injuries
If you are involved in a car accident in Bradenton, the insurance coverage you and the other driver have in place may help to offset your financial losses. However, these policies have limits that often fail to fully compensate victims of catastrophic injuries. This could compromise the quality of care you receive while leaving your family to face heavy out-of-pocket costs in the future.
In these cases, filing a car accident lawsuit through the Manatee County Civil Court is often a better option. This can entitle you to additional amounts of compensation, including:
- Future medical costs which include ongoing testing, treatment, medical devices, and physical rehabilitation;
- Modifications to your home or vehicle, to accommodate long-term disabilities;
- Payment for the cost of caregivers;
- Lost income and compensation for the income you would have otherwise earned;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, scarring, disfigurement, and lost enjoyment in life;
- Punitive damages, an additional amount that punishes those at fault for extreme negligence.
Get The Professional Legal Representation You Need From Our Board-Certified Bradenton Trial Lawyer
Steven G. Lavely is one of only a handful of board-certified trial lawyers in Florida. In cases involving catastrophic car accident injuries in Bradenton, he is uniquely qualified to provide the professional legal representation you need.
You can count on us to provide caring support and comprehensive legal service during this difficult time. We can advise you on your rights in filing a lawsuit, explain the entire process, and calculate the total amount you may be entitled to. Reach out and call or contact our office online to request a consultation with our Bradenton car accident lawyer today.