Should You Settle Your Bradenton Car Accident Claim Or Sue?
Even the safest of drivers can be injured due to Bradenton car accidents. When reckless driving on the part of other motorists is responsible, you have the right to hold them liable for the costs you incur as a result. Our Bradenton car accident lawyer explains your options and how to determine whether to settle your claim with insurers or file a car accident lawsuit against the driver.
Your Options In Seeking Compensation For Car Accident Injuries In Bradenton
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), close to 5,000 people are injured each year due to car accidents in Manatee County. The most common cause is reckless driving.
Speeding, running red lights, tailgating, improper passing, and driving while distracted or impaired are all frequent contributing factors. If you are injured due to another driver’s reckless behavior, you have the right to hold them accountable for the losses you suffer. This includes:
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and other damaged property;
- All current medical expenses and future costs, such as physical rehabilitation, likely to result from your injuries;
- Compensation for lost wages and potential future losses in income in the event of long-term disabilities;
- Payment for the pain, suffering, and mental anguish that results from a crash.
Even a seemingly minor car accident could result in tens of thousands of dollars in costs. You have two options in filing a claim against the at-fault driver: settle through their insurer or sue them in the Hillsborough County Civil Court.
Should You Settle or Sue?
Under the Florida Statutes, when anyone engages in reckless and negligent behavior that causes you to suffer serious personal injuries, you have the right to seek compensation. In terms of car accidents, insurance policies the other driver has in place can help cover your costs.
Unfortunately, when dealing with insurers, remember that they have a tendency to either deny or undervalue claims. The total amount you may be entitled to for your injuries is also limited by the terms of the policy. To determine whether filing a car accident lawsuit in Bradenton is the better option, consider the following:
- Did you suffer extensive injuries? Insurance may not cover all your costs.
- Were you partially at fault for the crash? While this gives insurers the right to deny your claim, the other driver can still be liable in a lawsuit.
- Are there multiple parties at fault? A lawsuit allows you to collect from them all.
- Was the driver uninsured? A lawsuit is likely the only way to get the compensation you deserve.
Request A Consultation With Our Bradenton Car Accident Lawyer
At the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely, we can review your case and advise you on whether an insurance settlement or a lawsuit is the best option for getting the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. To request a consultation with our experienced Bradenton car accident lawyer, give us a call or contact our office online today.