How To Avoid Out-Of-Pocket Costs When Dealing With Insurers After A Bradenton Car Accident
Personal injuries and property damages associated with car accidents in Bradenton can quickly add up. While insurance can help offset your costs, settlements could still leave you paying out-of-pocket. Our Bradenton car accident lawyer explains how to avoid these expenses and get the maximum amount you deserve.
Common Types of Out-Of-Pocket Costs Associated With Car Accidents In Bradenton
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) advises that all drivers are required to maintain a mandatory minimum amount of auto insurance coverage. This can help defray costs caused by a car accident in Bradenton.
People pay large amounts of money for auto insurance coverage each year. Unfortunately, it can come as a shock when your policy fails to completely compensate you. Common types of out-of-pocket costs include:
- Insurance company deductibles, which can total hundreds or even thousands of dollars;
- Car towing and storage fees;
- Anything over standard vehicle valuation costs;
- Rental car payments, which you wait for a replacement or repairs;
- Damage to clothing, accessories, computers, and other personal items in your vehicle;
- Transportation and travel expenses associated with treatment for your injuries;
- Child care, housekeepers, and other costs incurred during recovery.
These are just short-term out-of-pocket costs commonly associated with car accidents in Bradenton. If you settle your claim too quickly, or for less than the total amount you deserve, you could end up paying for future medical treatment, lost income due to long-term disabilities, and other costs involved.
Get the Maximum Amount You Deserve
When dealing with insurers in the aftermath of a car accident in Bradenton, there are two important points you need to remember. The first is that insurers are for-profit businesses, which means they have a financial motive to either deny or downplay your claim. The second is that, once you accept a car accident settlement, you are waiving your rights to future compensation.
To avoid out-of-pocket costs, it is important to get the maximum amount you are entitled to. To protect your rights, follow these steps:
- Make sure to document your accident through police reports, names of witnesses, and other evidence;
- Keep thorough records regarding your injuries and any testing or treatment you require;
- Keep receipts for all other expenses resulting from your accident or injuries;
- Wait until you reach a level of maximum medical recovery before settling your claim, which means that any ongoing impairments are likely to result in permanent disabilities.
Keep in mind that if your accident occurred due to negligence on the part of others involved, you may be entitled to additional compensation by filing a car accident lawsuit against them through the Manatee County Civil Court.
Request A Consultation With Our Bradenton Car Accident Lawyer Today
Before accepting an insurance settlement that may be less than what you deserve, contact the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely. We can negotiate with insurers on your behalf and can guide you in taking your case to court, if needed. Reach out and request a consultation with our Bradenton car accident lawyer today.