Holiday Parking Lot Accidents In Bradenton: Reduce The Risks Of Personal Injuries
Holidays are all about food, family, and fun with friends, but the day after, the focus is shopping. Stores extend their hours and typically stay busy throughout the rest of the holiday season. While all the hustle and bustle surrounding shopping trips can be part of the fun, it also creates potential hazards.
Parking lot accidents are common at this time of year and can result in serious personal injuries. Our Bradenton car accident lawyer explains how to reduce the risks.
How Holiday Parking Lot Accidents Happen
The National Safety Council warns tens of thousands of parking lot car accidents happen each year and can leave victims suffering severe harm. Unfortunately, the increase in crowds over the holiday season increases the risk at this time of year. Common ways in which Bradenton parking lot accidents often occur include:
- When turning into parking lots or exiting and merging with existing traffic;
- When driving through narrow and congested parking lot aisles;
- When driving near storefronts and dropping passengers off or picking them up;
- When pulling into or out of parking lot spaces.
While a parking lot accident may seem relatively minor, the force of impact can leave you and those in your vehicle with serious personal injuries. Sprained or torn muscles and tendons, broken bones, cuts and lacerations, and serious head, back, or neck injuries are all common.
How To Reduce The Risks And What To Do If A Parking Lot Accident In Bradenton Occurs
Holiday parking lot accidents in Bradenton pose significant hazards to drivers and their passengers, as well as pedestrians and cyclists in the area. You can reduce the risks by paying close attention while driving through parking lots. Drive at slow speeds, watch for stop signs, yield to pedestrians in crosswalks, and avoid being overly aggressive in seeking out a space.
If a parking lot accident does occur, avoid downplaying the situation. State Farm Insurance offers these tips to protect yourself and your rights in filing a claim:
- Stop immediately at the scene;
- Get the license plate number of the other vehicle involved, just in case they drive off;
- Notify the police so that an accident report can be filed;
- Exchange insurance, vehicle registration, and contact information with the other driver involved;
- Get the names of any witnesses at the scene;
- Seek medical attention for your injuries, regardless of the severity of your symptoms.
In the aftermath, the driver or their insurance company may attempt to offer you an immediate settlement. Be aware you have only one chance to get compensation. Contact our Bradenton car accident lawyer before making any statements or signing any documents.
Request A Consultation With Our Bradenton Car Accident Lawyer Today
Parking lot accidents in Bradenton are common during the holiday season. If you or someone you love is injured, request a consultation with the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely. We provide the trusted legal guidance you need to get compensation. Call or contact our experienced Bradenton car accident lawyer online today.