St. Petersburg Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Uber and Lyft, as well as other ride sharing apps, are causing congestion on already congested, fast, dangerous roads. In some cities, roaming rideshare drivers are adding 10 percent or more traffic to city streets. In addition to the extra traffic volume that Uber and Lyft are causing to public roads, their drivers are often unfamiliar with where they are going. As such, they rely on GPS, which takes their eyes off the road and places it down at their phone. Uber and Lyft drivers tend to speed as well, attempting to make as many routes as possible in a given time period to increase their profits. Lastly, Uber and Lyft drivers, just like delivery drivers, tend to park in bike lanes, on the shoulder of the road, and even in the center of narrow residential roads, which poses a serious risk to cyclists, pedestrians, and other drivers. If you were injured as an occupant of an Uber or Lyft vehicle, the driver of another car, a cyclist, pedestrian, or motorcyclist, or even as the driver of an Uber or Lyft car, our St. Petersburg Uber & Lyft accident lawyers can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Uber and Lyft’s Insurance Policies
If you are injured by an Uber or Lyft driver, either as a pedestrian, bicyclist, occupant of the Uber or Lyft vehicle, or an occupant/driver of another vehicle, Uber and Lyft both provide the following insurance policies:
- Uber/Lyft driver is offline (the app is off)—Only the Uber/Lyft driver’s personal auto insurance is relevant. Neither Uber nor Lyft are liable for any insurance coverage if the Uber/Lyft driver causes a crash at this stage.
- Uber/Lyft driver had the app on and was available or waiting for a ride request—If the Uber/Lyft driver’s personal auto insurance does not apply then:
- $50,000 in bodily injury per person;
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident; and
- $25,000 in property damage per accident.
- Uber/Lyft driver is en route to pick up a rider, or they have a rider in their car already:
- $1,000,000 bodily injury liability; and
- Cost to replace the damaged vehicle.
Injured as the Driver?
We also represent Uber and Lyft drivers who are injured in collisions with other at-fault drivers. This may involve filing a personal injury claim against the at fault driver, or with Uber or Lyft’s uninsured/underinsured motorist policy, which applies to you if you were on route to pick up a rider, or had a rider in your car.
Reach Out to Our Experienced St. Petersburg Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Unfortunately, Uber and Lyft’s pie in the sky dream of reducing traffic and making transportation available to all demographics has failed spectacularly. Ridesharing apps have not only turned out to create an additional barrier for minorities due to racism and high cost, but they also make our roads more dangerous due to adding thousands of distracted, impatient, negligent drivers to our streets. If you were injured in any type of rideshare crash, call the St. Petersburg Uber and Lyft accident attorneys at the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely today at (941) 747-7994 to schedule a free consultation.