St. Petersburg Auto Accident Lawyer
Victims of auto accidents, which include any type of traffic collision with another road user or crash caused by another party, are often left wondering what to do after they get out of the hospital. Do they call their own insurance company? Do they contact the other party directly to ask them to cover their bills? During this time of confusion and recovery, it is in your best interest to discuss your case with an experienced St. Petersburg auto accident lawyer at the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely. We handle all types of auto collisions, and can ensure your best chances at being fairly compensated for your damages.
Types of Auto Accidents
- Car Collision—According to Einsurance and News9, 77 percent of drivers have been in at least one car wreck. Whether a crash is a rear-ender, T-bone collision, fender bender, or a rollover crash, victims often sustain serious injuries.
- Truck Collision—Collisions with trucks, buses, and other large vehicles only exacerbates the likelihood that the other party sustains serious injuries.
- Motorcycle Collision—Motorcyclists are at extreme peril when drivers do not give them enough space, make turns or lane changes without checking over their shoulders, or speed through intersections without the right of way.
- Pedestrian Collision—Pedestrian fatalities and injuries have spiked dramatically in the last few years. While car occupants are being kept relatively safe with advanced crash protection technologies in this time of extreme distraction and aggressive driving, pedestrians are being struck down in the thousands every week.
- Bicyclist Collision—Due to abhorrent traffic safety measures and infrastructure for cyclists, aggressive drives, and driver distraction, one in five cyclist fatalities in the nation happens right here in Florida, according to StreetsBlog.
- Scooter Collision—Scooters, e-scooters, and e-scooter rideshare apps are in growing demand in St. Petersburg due to their ease of use, efficiency, and excitement. However, some car drivers, and sometimes aggressive pedestrians, are not so enthusiastic. Sharing limited space with drivers can pose a serious threat to scooter riders.
- Defective Part Collision—Some traffic collisions are caused by defective manufacturing or design. Seat belts, tires, air bags, brakes, and child seats are all prime examples of how a defective product can result in a crash, or a failure to protect as designed in the event of a crash. In these cases, the manufacturer can be held accountable.
A St. Petersburg Auto Accident Attorney is Available to Help Today
If you were injured in any type of traffic collision, do not speak to the other party or their insurance company. Call a personal injury lawyer first. In order to be compensated by the other party’s insurance company, or your own uninsured/underinsured motorist policy, you need to be able to establish liability and the severity of your injuries and other damages, including pain and suffering, lost wages, and future medical expenses. To get started as soon as possible, we highly encourage you to call the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely for professional legal help. Contact our St. Petersburg auto accident lawyers at (941) 747-7994 to schedule a free consultation today.