Individual Legal Representation
With the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely, you will receive legal representation focused on you. Mr. Lavely works personally with all his clients to ensure their needs are being met, and with more than 30 years of experience, he understands the pain, frustration, and uncertainties people face following an injury-causing accident. He has been lead trial counsel representing thousands of accident victims in all types of injury cases, including catastrophic injuries, and does not represent insurance companies. Insurance companies know this, and they take Mr. Lavely—and his clients—seriously when handling their claims. You can be confident you will receive smart legal advice, strong representation and optimum results with the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely. Our methods are to vigorously pursue compensation for your personal injury claim and ensure not only that you understand the process the whole way through, but also that you get the best possible outcome under the circumstances.
Whether you have been injured in an auto accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, bicycle accident, or pedestrian accident, the results are often devastating. There are medical bills to pay, lost wages, pain and suffering, and the disruption—in many cases—to your entire lifestyle. You should not be left to suffer these losses without compensation. To the extent any avenue of monetary relief can be found, Mr. Lavely will find it and follow it to its end. Contact our experienced Bradenton personal injury lawyer today, we can help.
How to Choose An Injury AttorneyQuestions to ask yourself before selecting legal representation:
- What is the record of success for this particular law firm?
- Are the lawyers Board Certified by the Florida Bar; indicating a willingness and ability to appear in trial for your case?
- Does the law firm you're considering have real, recognized credentials, or is the only reason you know of them because they advertise, which requires no credentials?
- With whom will you be speaking with or dealing with; a board certified trial lawyer who is knowledgeable about Florida law or a case manager who will simply report to a lawyer you may or may not even like? Remember, if your case results in litigation, you will be required to spend considerable time with your lawyer. Don't wait until it's too late to discover you don't even like your lawyer.
- Is the law firm you're considering so large you'll just become a number and will not have a personal relationship with a lawyer?
- What are the lawyer's fees and when will they be paid?
- Can the lawyer show you written proof they are really a trial lawyer, not just a settlement lawyer who only wants to resolve your claim quickly to pay their overhead? Don't be a victim twice by retaining a settlement mill. Insurance companies know which law firms will actually fight for the last dime a client is entitled to and which law firm are built on the volume settlement mill theory of handling accidents claims.
- Do claims adjusters, doctors ( not referral services) and other lawyers refer cases to this particular law firm?
- Does the law firm actively involve themselves in helping those in the community that are less fortunate, evidencing a real desire to help those in need and help make the lives of others better?
- Ask your friends and family about the law firm, and ask have you heard of the law firm only because they constantly advertise?
Florida Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury in Florida often stems from incidents such as motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents, dog bites, workplace mishaps, defective products, and medical negligence, which lead to a wide range of injuries from minor sprains to significant traumas. In cities like Bradenton and St. Petersburg, these cases are notably prevalent, with the combined reporting over 5,000 traffic accidents per year, a significant proportion of which resulted in personal injuries.
When pursuing a personal injury lawsuit in Florida, individuals typically undergo several steps: securing medical attention, gathering comprehensive documentation, hiring an attorney, filing a complaint, engaging in evidence discovery and negotiation, and potentially proceeding to trial. Here, an experienced Bradenton personal injury attorney, such as Steven Lavely of the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely in Bradenton, plays a pivotal role. Equipped with deep knowledge of Florida personal injury law, Mr. Lavely guides clients through the complexities of the legal process, gathers essential evidence, negotiates with insurance companies, and represents his clients in court, ensuring the best possible outcomes.
What Legal Referral Services and Referral Service Lawyers Don't Want You To KnowYou can't watch television or listen to your radio and not be bombarded with offers of "free" referrals to a lawyer for your auto injury, motorcycle injury or medical malpractice claim. As a Board Certified Trial Lawyer and a Sarasota Criminal Defense Attorney; Steven G. Lavely would ask you when is the last time you received anything of value for free? Enough said! Referral services usually operate in one of two ways. One method is for the law firm to pay the referral service money in return for the referral. Many referral services do not investigate the quality of the law firm they are suggesting. They are only concerned with making sure their invoice is paid on a monthly basis.
A second method is the referral service also operates a series of medical clinics. There is an unwritten rule between the referral service and the lawyer that in return for the referral, the lawyer must refer the client to the medical clinic for the referral service. Additionally, the lawyer is expected to make sure the medical provider is paid in full regardless of whether the medical treatment was necessary or indicated. This can create a conflict for the lawyer, as the lawyer will naturally feel obligated to please the referral service, even to the detriment of the client. The Board Certified Bradenton auto accident attorney Steven G. Lavely will represent you for your motorcycle accident or Florida automobile accident with their sole loyalty to you-the client. We do not pay anybody or compromise our ethics to obtain your business. We are proud of our reputation as one of the foremost litigation firms in the State of Florida. Remember, only Board Certified lawyers such as Steven G. Lavely can lawfully call themselves experts or specialists. Ask yourself, "does my case deserve an expert or specialist?" When you retain the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely as your St. Petersburg injury attorney you can rest assured the steps have been taken to be qualified with the highest distinction for competence and ability as recognized by the Florida Bar; Board Certification. You can also be confident your case will be constantly monitored by a lawyer and the utmost pride and attention to detail will always be a concern.
For those accused of a crime and facing charges in Florida criminal court, the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely is here to provide you with strong defense representation through every stage of criminal proceedings. Mr. Lavely will go the extra mile to give you a range of options for resolving any charges against you, such as diversion programs and deferred entry of judgment, while tirelessly protecting your freedom, your record, and your rights. Combining proven trial and negotiation skills with a detailed familiarity with the local criminal justice system, our office will support you in maneuvering the legal process to obtain a favorable result in your case.
The Law Office of Steven G. Lavely Will Give You The Person Attention You Rightfully Seek.
If you have been injured in an accident, or if you’re facing criminal charges in Florida, do not hesitate to contact the Law Office of Steven G. Lavely. Our main office is in Bradenton, and we also have a satellite office in St. Petersburg, both within easy driving distance for anyone living in Manatee, Sarasota, Pinellas, or Hillsborough County. If you have sustained a serious personal injury, making it difficult for you to travel, we will be glad to come to your home or your hospital to meet with you. Our Bradenton personal injury lawyers are available 24/7 to take your call, and as our client, you pay no legal fees unless we win your case. Se habla español.